Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Plans for the New Year

So I am a little late in blogging about this but I wanted to take a minute to share my plans for the new year (ya know, you write it down and it might happen but if you tell people than it has a better chance of happening). 


Ali Edwards, Life Artist (ala scrap-booker) extraordinarie, has a word for each year and she challenges her readers to get a word too...you can read about it here. So, I chose my word and it is


FOCUS


What do I plan to do with this word, well....


I plan to focus on ME, FAMILY, HOME, and CAREER


Some things I am looking at focusing on specifically are is to:


live Greener (recycle, change our light bulbs to fluorescent compact, reduce our waste by consuming less, etc)


live more Fiscally Responsible (buy things on sale and become a coupon/sale strategist (I am already seeing a return here, I have saved about $100 already on groceries by planning ahead and shopping sale items), institute a budget (we already have given ourselves a $20 limit a week per person on incidentals), SAVE, SAVE and SAVE some more, and shoot for one no spend month this year (meaning no spending on incidentals and crap)


Focus on Balance at work/home (leave work by 4:30 so I can get Parker on time and a bit early, TIME MANAGEMENT, focus on the priorities at work and look for ways to delegate/change site needs)


Focus on the family (family fun night, creating memories for Parker instead of buying "stuff", look for teachable moments for Parker)


Of course there is the usual focus on things like eating healthier, moving more and I also want to focus on my time where I can relax or scrapbook, etc. 


I am excited about this year ahead. Parker is growing like a weed and becoming a contributor to our family and is becoming really fun to talk to.  I know she will present us with many challenges this year and I hope our Focus can remain on being patient and creating a learning opportunity for all of us from the crazy times.  I expect Michael to have a great year this year too with the derby gearing up and being even better than last year.  So here is to a GREAT 2009!


 


 


 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment