Monday, January 05, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

So while off work I took some time to get us organized in terms of what we will eat for the month of January. I also have started delving into the world of coupons and paying attention to store sales.  I found an on-line resource called Coupon Mom.  There is loads of info here and a message board...kind of addicting.  I already saved some crazy money on chicken and roast at Bi-Lo (like my total before sales was $65.00 and after using my bonus card, it was only $30).  Not bad for a first timer.  OK, so I digress.  Here is our meal plan for the week in case anyone needs ideas out there...


Sunday- Slow Cooker Salsa Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans


Monday- Spaghetti and salad (courtesy of my "Nana".  She cooked spaghetti every Monday night.   I used to think this was such an odd tradition...now, I get it.  It is an easy way to start the week. I've got 5 weeks of saghetti sauce mixed with ground beef in the freezer...)


Tuesday- Left Overs


Wednesday- Tortilla Soup (from Kraftfoods.com-subscribe to their free magazine...it is awesome. 


Thursday- Shortcut Salsa Chicken, brocolli, yellow rice


Friday- Calzones and salad


Saturday- Double Cheese Chili



No comments:

Post a Comment