Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Move More, Eat Less-Tools and Resources

As I "refresh" my motivation to Move More, Eat Less, I have found some tools and resources that are proving very helpful.  Here is a run down:


Fit from Within (Victoria Moran)-  This is a great little book with all kinds of nuggetts, specifically, 101 of them.  Victoria challenges some of what many of us are used to in terms of "dieting" like don't weigh yourself everyday or only eat 3 meals a day to name a couple of items she introduces.  I read this within a couple of days over the Christmas holiday and am now re-reading it, more intentionally.  I am trying to journal about the concepts she introduces and how they can work for me.  Revolutionary, really.


100 Day Challenge-  John Bingham and his wife, Coach Jenny came up with this approach to move intentionally for 30 mins for 100 days straight.  What a concept...just MOVE, intentionally for 30 mins to see what impact it can have.  I am on Day 12 and have not missed a workout yet.  Love it.


Weight Watchers Points Plus-  Loving the new program.  Have really eaten a lot more fruit than I would have in the past since it is all 0 points.  Found some good new slow cooker recipes and have been trying them this week.   I have to admit that I have not been tracking each day but I am being more intentional with what I put into my body.  Going back to the advice from "Fit from Within", I am not sure if I will follow through with the whole concept of the new WW program in terms of a "diet" but I suspect if I follow the 101 concepts Victoria discusses that I will be for the most part "on track" with the WW plan. 


My treadmill- I have a great treadmill that is proving useful to me in these cold and snowy days of winter. I have been performing my 100 day challenge on it so far.  I have plans to start running on it too but for now, keeping it simple.


I have not weighed myself here at home due to Victoria's advice (and the battery died) so not sure of how I am tracking weight wise but I will weigh in this week for the first week of WW so we will see how I am doing.  However, in terms of how I feel, I feel better.  Better about my intentions and progress.  This is a journey, not a destination and I am liking the stops along the way so far.



2 comments: