Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Sleep...

A much discussed topic in the Stewart household.  We are proud to announce that the past 2 nights (and days) Parker has slept in her bassinett on her back.  This makes me very happy as I can now sleep in my own bed instead of on the sofa or recliner with a baby on my chest.  I don't want to jinx it but she has even put herself back to sleep after waking up crying.  We swaddle her up really good, arms too, and get her to sleep in our arms and then place her in the bassinett.  We owe a coworker of Michael's a huge THANK YOU for telling us to go back to swaddling all of her.  We thought she did not like it anymore but it has worked. Of course, she has managed to get her arms out of the swaddle before her nap is over but she stays asleep for the most part.  Now we just need to work on the sleeping all night thing so I can get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time. 



On another note, the kitchen is coming along.  I now have a working oven and warming drawer installed.  The m-wave works too but is not installed yet as they ran out of lumber to build the shelf for it.  Now, I just need to get the downdraft and blower figured out and installed, countertops in and then we can put in the cooktop and sink and hook up the dishwasher and we will be in business.



Hmm, maybe I should go bake some cookies and keep them in the warming drawer so we have warm cookies tonight :)  Sounds good to me....now where the "heck"  are my cookie sheets?



1 comment: